Archive: September 11, 2012
Hi blog public; I'm back?
I haven't posted here in ... wow, five months (I have continued posting on my Facebook in the meantime) ... but couldn't resist posting a 9-11 tribute today.
Maybe this will loosen my "posters block" and I'll get back into blogging. Stay tuned :)
At right, my favorite picture from my just-completed visit to Prague, Czech Republic, of Prague Castle with St. Vitus Catherdral, and the Karlov Most in the foreground.
Some stuff which has happened:
- Moved to Westlake Island
- Started a daily view from the bridge, following bike rides
- Celebrated leap day
- Visited Vancouver: USCAP conference
- Went sailing in the Caribbean (fourteen days, seven islands)
- Attended conference in San Jose: ATA conference
- Began following the baby geese
- Rode Breathless Agony (114 miles, 12,000 feet)
- Spectated Amgen Tour of California, Mount Baldy stage
- Visited Venice, Sweden, and Munich, conferences, customers, and symposia
- Started something new; still cooking, stay tuned for [much] more :)
- Enjoyed my Megan, wow
- Sailed Round the Island race and C-15 nationals, yay
- Kept riding to the beach
- Enjoyed Le Tour de France, as always
- Watched the London Olympics
- Cheered as Curiosity landed on Mars
- Felt amazing as Aperio agreed to be acquired by Leica (
not celebrating yet okay can celebrate now :)
- Raced the Hoodoo 500 (517 miles, 34,000 feet), and finished!
- Czeched out Prague: and ECP conference
This is a picture of the World Trade Center site, with the new Freedom tower which is under construction. I think this is an entirely fitting tribute, I love that the site itself won't be built on, but instead will remaind dedicated to the memory of 9-11. We must never forget and remain ever vigilant.
As those of you following me on my Facebook know I've been in Prague, Czech Republic, and actually flew back yesterday, which was already 9/11 in Europe, and wow flying on 9/11 really brought back memories from 11 years ago.
Return to the archive.
Correlation vs. Causality
The Tyranny of Email
Aperio's Mission = Automating Pathology
Try, or Try Not
Books and Wine
God and Beauty
Moving Mount Fuji
Rock 'n Roll
IQ and Populations
Are You a Bright?
The Joy of Craftsmanship
The Emperor's New Code
The Return of the King
Religion vs IQ
In the Wet
the big day
solving bongard problems
the nuclear option
On the Persistence of Bad Design...
Texas chili cookoff
the inflection point
almost famous design and stochastic debugging
may I take your order?
New Yorker covers
Death Rider! (da da dum)
how did I get here (Mt.Whitney)?
the Law of Significance
Daniel Jacoby's photographs
in praise of paddle shifting
the first bird
Gödel Escher Bach: Birthday Cantatatata
shining a light
Father's Day (in pictures)
your cat for my car
discovering the third quadrant
Jobsnotes of note
world population map
no joy in Baker