Yeah, I watched 'em all (and amazingly called quite a few of 'em right, except for UCLA's trail which of course I called completely and utterly wrong.):
- Connecticut(1) outlasted Purdue(5) - 72-60. An ugly first half, both teams looked rocky, but Connecticut pulled it together and cruised in the second... We'll say FS=10:00*, realistically...
- Pitt(1) clawed back and beat Xavier(4) - 60-55. A neck and neck battle; Xavier looked good in the first half, but Pitt's caught back up and their quality told down the stretch and right at the end. An entertaining game, if not well played; the Xavier upset potential kept my interest. FS=00:04!
- Missouri(3) rather easily handled Memphis(2) - 102-91. The battle of the Tigers :) Wild scoring on both ends, a pro score in college time, with no overtime. Pretty entertaining game. FS=03:00 because Memphis made a late comeback.
- Villanova(3) "upsets" Duke(2) - 44-55. I had Villanova in this one, and I'm rooting for them to go all the way (since they made my team UCLA look silly). A defensive struggle and not a great game; Villanova steadily ground out the win. FS=04:30.
- Louisville(1) blew out Arizona(12) - 103-64. And so Cinderella goes home, the game wasn't even that close. I'm going to say FS=20:00, but really it was over before halftime. My friends who have chosen Louisville to go all the way have chosen wisely...
- Oklahoma(2) over Syracuse(3) - 84-71. A rather routine demolition, Oklahoma looked awfully good. FS=15:00.
- Michigan State(2) in a nail biter over (3)Kansas - 67-62. The best game of the round, well played and hard fought, it came down to free throws at the end... FS=00:15.
- North Carolina(1) rolled (4)Gonzaga - 98-77. Carolina took the early lead, led at the half, and steamrolled away in the second half... FS=10:00.
* A reminder: FS means "fridge score", the time at which the game is no longer in doubt.
Not the greatest collection of games, somehow. I did enjoy the end of Pitt against Xavier, despite the fact that Xavier lost, and Michigan State over Kansas was a good one. So we have all four #1s left, and they all look pretty good. At this point I'm going to pick Louisville over Oklahoma in the final. But we're only halfway, we have three rounds left... stay tuned!
Correlation vs. Causality
The Tyranny of Email
Aperio's Mission = Automating Pathology
Try, or Try Not
Books and Wine
God and Beauty
Moving Mount Fuji
Rock 'n Roll
IQ and Populations
Are You a Bright?
The Joy of Craftsmanship
The Emperor's New Code
The Return of the King
Religion vs IQ
In the Wet
the big day
solving bongard problems
the nuclear option
estimating in meatspace
On the Persistence of Bad Design...
Texas chili cookoff
almost famous design and stochastic debugging
may I take your order?
New Yorker covers
Death Rider! (da da dum)
how did I get here (Mt.Whitney)?
the Law of Significance
Daniel Jacoby's photographs
the first bird
Gödel Escher Bach: Birthday Cantatatata
Father's Day (in pictures)
your cat for my car
Jobsnotes of note
world population map
no joy in Baker
where are the desktop apps?