Our world is now changing so fast, it's hard to tell what's real (and what's possible) from science fiction. (And in another dimension, it's hard to know what to believe; is it truth, or the Onion?)
Anyway here are six signs reality is catching up with science fiction:
- Life-extension research.
- Mainstream 3D-printing
- Modern metropolises and emerging populations
- Wide-spread commercial robotics
- The Internet and global communications
- Biotechnology and human augmentation
Pretty cool, a good list. I'd add a few more:
- Smartphones; handheld personal computers/communicators
- Wikipedia+Google: evolving searchable repository of all human knowledge
- Electric cars (but ... where are the flying electric cars?)
- Private space exploration
What's your favorite sign that the future is already here?